Cool yet spicy and silky on the tongue, this chilled avocado soup is perfect in the heat of summer.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 6 Scallions Chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers Seeds Removed
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 6 Ripe Hass Avocados Peeled and Pitted
- 1 Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Quart Chicken Stock
- Put the oil in a sautee pan over medium high heat and add the peppers, scallions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly scorched.
- Place grilled vegetables, avocado and cilantro in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Transfer pureed veggies to a bowl and add the lemon juice and stock whisking to combine. Season with salt and pepper.. Chill in frig. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro and sour cream.
If you like a richer soup, half and half or buttermilk can be added to taste and consistency. High avocado intake has been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels. © Galley Chef All Rights Reserved