Buccatini with white bean, asparagus, shitake mushrooms, lovage and parmesan compliments of Chef Samantha Buyskes and Anthony Road Wine Company.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- 1 lb buccatini pasta
- 1 T salt
- 3 T olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cups asaparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups shitake mushrooms cleaned and cut into strips
- 1 12 oz can cannellini white beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry riesling
- 1/4 cups lovage finely chopped
- 2 T parmigiano reggiano finely grated
- Heat a pot of water until boiling. Add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil to boiling water. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8 minutes until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup butter with the remaining 2 T olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and asparagus, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until asparagus starts to soften. Add white beans and riesling and cook for about 4 minutes allowing the wine to cook down a little and the alcohol flavor to be removed. Toss in the pasta and lovage and mix it all thoroughly. Pour into a large serving bowl and top with parmesan cheese.
Celery leaves can be substituted for lovage.
© Galley Chef All Rights Reserved.